woensdag 1 april 2015

Nastiness from a distance....

One of the more uncommon sights in most Tau armies; The Sniper Drone Team. How much fun it was to build, convert and paint these guys! I really like the "sniper" concept, in all games and even in reality... I think it is the sort of ideal warrior concept in a cool package, able to kill unseen from a far distance...

Anyways, I wanted to work these guys into the trend that is seen throughout my Nurgle Tau army and especially on the drones. I wanted the drones the drones to have a general look and I think I was able to do this by making sure all of them have at least one horn ;) Which makes them look like little stingrays or something like that :)

I also liked to think that because of all the filth, decease, corruption and mutation clinging to these guys it makes them difficult to locate. The flies and other nastiness confuses enemy sensors and detection devices and their look makes them blend into the surrounding .

The spotter was really nice to convert, making it look like it is lurking behind something that looks like a mutated sea shell like device. The spikes and corruption were easy to apply because the shape is organic and it almost seems natural the way it turned out to look like.

The kits I used:
  • Tau Sniper team.
  • Nurglings.
  • City of Death scenery kits.
  • Chaos Spacemarine vehicle bits
  • Chaos Spawn Bits.

 
 
I am really thinking of building another team, the main reason is that I like the drone models and I also like to use them in the game itself. They are pretty cheap to field and having long range rapid fire snipers who are good at hiding and hit on rolls of 2's ?!...that is just too cool not to use :)
 
 
Stay tuned....coming up next:..... Riptide nr 2....

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten