zaterdag 28 maart 2015

News travels fast... plagues even faster...

It was time for another model and the choice was easy: The Tau Piranha, fast skimmer. Funny enough this particular Tau model was the one where it all started with. I had the idea of making this entire Nurgle Tau army and the piranha was the first to pop up in my mind...

 
Like I wrote before in one of the earlier posts in this blog; I pick the models on what they look like first and then see how I can use them in a semi-competive list. At the time of starting this project the Piranha was not very popular and even now with the new Tau Codex, it is still not the most used unit choice out there. For me....that is even more reason to use it! ;) I like to play with the underdog's in every game and Warhammer 40k is no different for me.

 
Of course the Tau Codex is one of the strongest Codexes out there today now, so including units like the Hammerhead tank and this Piranha are even more important to me...they tend to make the list more friendly and less overpowered. And yes, I do care about that because I like to have a nice friendly game which is fun...blowing the other player from the table in turn one is not my style, I also like to have friends ;) hahaha

But back to the Piranha: as you can see it is full of Nurglings...which is cooooool ! You can never have enough of them and I can really see those little fellows having the time of their demon-life zooming across the battlefield and causing serious mischief ;) And another funny fact is: they DO that! I have had it a couple of times that they were completely ignored by my opponent because they were the least of his problems... the rest of army was a way bigger danger to him. And so it actually survived the entire game, even being able to score an objective here and there and shoot of the last hull point of a wave serpent :)

 
The kits that I used for this conversion are:
  • Tau Piranha.
  • Nurglings.
  • Chaos space Marines vehicle bits.
  • Chaos warriors, Chaos Demons and Tyranid bits.
  • For the base I used the Cities of Death terrain kits.
  • I also found a nice looking funky smelling moss at a Christmas fair which looked awesome on my bases so the Piranha was actually the first to receive that red/yellow looking stuff.
The plans are to give this little flying Nurgling circus at least 1 more brother to join him on the battlefield. The Piranha is just to cool to build, convert and use in a game to not have more then one ;) Stay tuned as it will probably pop up somewhere during the upcoming weeks....now that I think of it....maybe I will even do more then 2 ...hehehehe...


Coming up next.... Sniper Drone team.....  
 
 


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten