maandag 23 maart 2015

How it continued...

Of course the commander and his 2 suit strong bodyguard team was only the beginning. An army needs troops and I decided not to go for the "farsight enclave-supplement" just yet... I do not want to create another Farsight spin off, but a unique heavily converted army with cool fluff to back it up.

And therefore I decided to go for another approach and decided not to build a good list but just take the models that I really liked and wanted to convert. Of course I kept track of their type and made sure they fit into an organisation chart.

Anyways, I decided to go for 2 squads of fire warriors and I wanted to continue the trend that I started with the "Arachnid" commander; heavily converted using only GW product and bits. And of course the end result needed to look like I wanted, heavily corrupted and muted, but still recognizable as Tau models.

By adding the nurglings throughout the army I wanted to add another nice set of details, and hint further at the fact just how corrupted the army is. Nurglings like to play and I like to see it as a blessing from Grandfather Nurgle that there are so many of the little playful demons among the army of the "Arachnid". A silent fact that he is starting to "care" about his new playthings ;)

I really like the end result, and yes....I have some favourite models in there already! I like the guy with the one eye and the snout, the "leader" with the 3 horns and dubious symbol he is making with his middle finger and the guy who has a tentacle instead of a leg. I know that one of my gaming buddies also likes this guy and finds him a bit sad, but hey; in every story there must be at least one person who gets the bad outcome of the deal and I guess this guy finds it all a lousy deal in the end ;)

The squads are named: "The Decayed Ones" and "The Blight Bringers".





Because I was asked by some of you already how the army was build, converted and painted I will also try to add lists of bits, models and materials used to create the end result. I will try my utmost best to make sure that I do not forget anything! But as you might have already seen: I tend to go crazy with bits and conversions so if you see something that you do not recognize , just drop a reply and ask me if you want to know ! ;)

Bits and sets that I used for this:
  • Fire Warriors boxed set 
  • Plague bearers boxed
  • Nurglings.
  • Chaos Spawn boxed set
  • Multiple other bits taken from Chaos Warriors, Chaos Demons and Chaos Space Marines and Tyranids sets and models.
The basing is done using multiple parts of GW Cities of Death terrain sets, which are awesome in the diversity that you can use them...and I just love the way you can also use them for basing your models. I also like the fact that they come with the option to either use the metal like plates or the "tile floor" plates that I decided to use.

By using the tiles I hoped to create some "ease and order" in otherwise very chaotic models with lots of colours and contrast already. The black/white tile theme is something that you will see throughout the entire army and I hope it will help to unify all the models into a cool army :)

I also got some questions from interested readers about what I used to create the bases and a few requests to put up a painting guide for the bases and the models. And you know what? I will try to make that happen the next few weeks... I have another riptide almost ready for painting and I will do my best to create a step by step guide (with pictures) to show the steps and techniques used. Of course I will do the same for the base .
 
 
Next up:....my first riptide.... stay tuned........

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten