dinsdag 24 maart 2015

Long Strike...with a twist .....

In my opinion one of the most classic iconic models of the Tau army is the Hammerhead Tank. The recognizable organic shape marks it as a true Tau design vehicle ...and it turned out that it was an awesome kit to work with to achieve my goal as well ! :) It also makes for a great centre piece for my army and was loads of fun to work on!

 
The organic shapes allowed for a lot of space to convert and put damage, corruption and mutations on the hammerhead itself. Its also gave me opportunity to put a lot of chaos symbols and spikes etc on the structure of the tank itself. The option to have the smart missile system was a no-brainer for me....not only because I like to use them during a game but mostly because I LOVE to paint the missile heads a sickly yellow. Imagine that they are a weird kind of jelly orbs that you know you should NOT touch, but it is so tempting to reach out and squeeze or poke them ;)...

 
Of course this model would not be the same if there were no nurglings to be found somewhere ;) There are several to be seen on the tank itself and also one on the base, sitting on the root that sticks out a little bit. And of course I cannot blame them, if you were a happy, bouncing around Nurgling ...would you not hitch a ride on an awesome tank like this??? Of course you would! :)

But, there are also two very special Nurglings, I like to call them "NurgleStrike" . I use the 2 nurglings sitting on top of each other in the cockpit as a proxy for the "Longstrike" upgrade. It is very easy to imagine those 2 pushing buttons and randomly shooting and blasting all in sight, and using the upgrade rules they actually prove to be very good at it too ;)

 
As I also used on my Riptide there is a big length of chain worked into this model, in the case of this hammerhead it can be seen along the length of the main gun. Since both the hammerhead and the riptide are big machines with the potential to house a demonic entity, I like to think that the chains are used to secure them while not deployed on the battlefield....just to be sure they do not randomly start to rampage among their own ranks, they chain them up inside a transport vessel for example....


The kits that I used on this hammerhead were:
  • Tau Hammerhead.
  • Nurglings.
  • Chaos space marine tank bits
  • Tyranid tentacles.
  • Chaos Spawn bits.
  • Piece of chain from a hardware store.

Stay tuned....next up: Tau Piranha....aka : "Nurgling Festival "

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten