maandag 27 april 2015

Work in progress ... Nurgle Tau Stealth Suits....

yeah yeah....I know, it has been too long since I wrote something on my little Nurgle Tau Blogg here. But good news is: I am posting again and there is more coming... and of course you must see it all from a positive perspective ;) The longer they get to rot...the better looking they will become...hahahha

Anyway, what is cooking in the Nurgle Tau kitchen? I will tell you, a nice sized squad of Stealth Suits. 6 of them and they will get 2 shield drones to go with that. The end goal will also be converting the commander Shadow Sun model and including her into this squad.

 

As you can see on this work in progress pictures I decided that I will stick to the orginal "smaller size" base and not go with the new slighty bigger ones GamesWorkshop is allowing on your models now too. Why not??? I hear you thinking...

The reason is very simple actually : normally I would go for the bigger base any time, because it allows me to put more scenic basing on them ;)....but in this case the models turned out (after converting) to be already twice as big as the normal ones. Now...in the game this gives the enemy already twice more target to aim at and makes it already twice as difficult to hide them in cover...hahahaha.. Putting them on  bigger bases too would make this even more difficult.

People who know me or have been following this blog know that I am not the most competive player when it comes to designing killer death star lists...not that I cannot do so, but because I do not like to do so ;)  Anyways, for a under powered unit already, I did not want to make them a more easy target then they already are :)


But...back to the work in progress!! I decided to go for a weird looking mix of stealth suit and nurgle demon looking style. I can imagine these guys sneaking, scrounging and lurking in the ruins and debris. Scouting ahead of the main army to cause some havoc and make GrandFather Nurgle proud....and....because they just like to sniff and lick at random things ;) hahahah

I like the way the snout/slurf  (is slurf even an English word? Could be a Dutch thing ;) hahaha) turned out and it almost gives them a comical , funny and friendly look. And that is exactly what I wanted, so back to complete the building process for these guys!

 
Ow..for those interested: I used the Plague Drones of Nurgle and The ChaosSpawn kit for this conversion...also some bit from ChaosSpace Marine Vehicles and of course the Tau Stealth Team .

Stay tuned.... pictures will be posted as soon as the building is complete... 
 

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten