donderdag 25 juni 2015

Stealth and Filth...

Hi There,
 
I know...I know...it has been a while since there was anything posted by me here on my little Nurgle Tau blog. BUT the good news is: despite being very busy with work and social life stuff ;)  , I have also been busy with my Nurgle Tau. And I must say that Grand Father Nurgle would be proud at the tributes that I will bring to you in the coming days !
 
So I proudly present to you: My unit of 3 Nurgle Tau Stealth Suits.
 
 
The original plan was to make 6 of them and include the Tau special character Shadow Sun, however I changed up my mind and decided to go for something slightly different. The choice to do this was mainly based on the list I wanted to take to the Throne of Skulls tournament in June 2015 at Warhammer World in the UK. But...more about that later ;)
 

 
 As you can see I went all out with kitbashing and converting these little guys and I think the result is pretty cool if I say so myself. The orginal plan was to only give a "Snout" to the guy with the fusion blaster...but I liked the look so much I decided to give the other 2 a "Snout" as well.
 
I have already played a few games with them and on the table they look even better! The only downside is that due to all the bits and conversions they became 2 times as big as the orginal Tau Stealthsuits. So for rules as line of sight and cover saves they have become a more easy target, however... to see them lurking to the ruins, licking stuff and doing whatever they do is worth all that!
 

 
As normal I want to give you a little list of the Games Workshop boxes I used to convert these models:
  • Tau Stealthsuits.
  • Chaos Spawn kit.
  • Chaos spacemarine vehicle sprues.
  • Chaos Plague Drones.
  • Cities of Death Scenery kits (for the base)
  • Greenstuff.
  • Texture paint.
So that is all for now, but more is soon to come! I have finished 2 Imperial Knights that I have painstakingly converted to nurgle...so that would be: Nurgle Knights ;)... stay tuned for pictures and blogs of those big boys ... 

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten