vrijdag 26 juni 2015

Power and Decay...

Hi peeps,
As promised: a little blog post today with pictures of my second Nurgle Imperial Knight Titan. It was also part of the Nurgle Tau army that went with me to Throne of Skulls June 2015 at Warhammer World in the UK.
 
For this second knight I decided to with a more different approach and have a more squad, broad and warrior looking theme to it. In the end I think this one represents a more "Warrior class spider" than the other Nurgle Knight.The fact that he is armed with the mega big chain sword only adds to this appearance.
 
 
Instead of increasing his height (as I did with the other one) I made this one look more broad by adding 3 carapace looking mutations on his back but tried to keep the overall "spider" theme that links it with the rest of the army.

 
Of course I wanted this second knight not be too "Normal" compared to the other one, so I made a wicked looking stinger which replaced the banner hanging underneath . I like to think it also represents his Hammer-of-wrath rule that he has in the game itself, I can see the stinger slashing out before any actual blows are done.

 
Normally I post a list of the Games Workshop kits and materials used, please notice that it is almost the same as with the other knight with a few minor differences.
 
  • Imperial Knight kit (duh!)
  • Chaos Spawn kit.
  • Nurgling kit.
  • Some tyranid bits.
  • Plague Drone kit.
  • Demon Prince kit.
  • Cities of Death Scenery kits (for the base).
  • Chaos Space Marine vehicle sprues.
  • Plague Bearer kit bits.

  •  
  • LOOOOOTS of green stuff and texture paint.
  • A piece of chain for on the chainsword (taken from a broken old necklace)
  • The smoke on the exhaust pipe was the "Fire bit" taken from the Fire Belly (Ogres WHF)
  •  

  •  
    The end result is something I am really happy with, especially all the little details that make him stand aside from his brother ;) The little gargoyle statues on his rear, the chain hanging on his sword, the smoke coming out of his reactor exhaust pipes..etc...
     
    All with all I think Grand Father Nurgle is pleased with this tribute and...I have another great looking model to add to my Army.:)
     
     

    Geen opmerkingen:

    Een reactie posten